How Does it Work
Registration & Proposal Submissions | June 1 - Sept 2
Form a team of 3-5 and choose a challenge prompt and prepare your proposal using the Evaluation Criteria provided. The deadline to submit your proposal is September 2 at 5pm ET.
Judges will review the submissions between September 2 to September 9. Up to 10 teams will be selected to move to the next round of the competition.
Attention when forming a team:
- Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged.
- At least one person per team will be required to be an SPS Student or Alumni.
- Participants without an affiliation to Columbia University are also invited to participate.
Final Teams & Mentors Announced | Sept 12 - Sept 23
Final teams will be matched to individual mentors/coaches from the United Nations (UN) Women and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), who will provide guidance and support. The final teams will be announced on Monday, September 12 at 10 am ET.
All final teams will be offered mentorship to refine their proposal and final presentations for the live competition. The order of final team presentations for the competition will also be announced at this time.
All final teams are required to submit the following by Friday, Sept. 23, 2022 at 5 pm ET:
- Presenters' names
- 3 static slides in Powerpoint or Google Slide format
Think-a-Thon Competition and Award Ceremony | September 29, 2022
All final teams will present their solutions to a live audience. Judges will offer feedback, the audience will select their favorite team, and challenge winners will be announced!
Rules and Regulations:
- 5 minutes maximum presentation per team followed by additional time for Q&A
- We will stop the time promptly at 5 minutes
- Teams must use the slides submitted on Sept. 23
- If awarded First, Second, and/or Audience prize, each team must submit one person’s name who will receive and distribute the winning prize money to their team members after the competition.